HF/CONNECT is a new venture from Hard Feelings, offering free and low-cost online groups and workshops to build stronger mental health.
Emotion-Focused Mindfulness Therapy
Dr. Paul Uy
Emotion-Focused Mindfulness Therapy (EFMT) is a therapeutic mindfulness practiced developed to help people develop compassionate self-awareness. Using principles from Emotion-Focused Therapy (EFT) and Focusing. Emotion-Focused Mindfulness is practice that engages with emotional pain and impasse, supporting self-understanding and felt compassion while empowering us to live more deeply valued lives. Rather than feeling better, EFMT supports the human work of getting better at feeling seeing emotion as a powerful guide to our authentic life.
EFMT sessions will include meditation, journaling, talks and discussing meditation experiences as a group.
Tuesdays from 7:00 – 9:00pm / September 28 – November 23
For individuals 18+ living in Ontario who identify as financially vulnerable.
This group is best suited for people who:
- Have social or professional support for emotions that emerge within the practice
- Are engaged with understanding their emotions
- Cope with self-criticism or worry, depression or anxiety
- Have had some meditation practice
- Have the time to commit to practicing meditation daily and meeting in a group weekly
This group won’t be a good fit for people who:
- Are struggling with active suicidality
- Are working to deal with self-harm
- Are addressing disabling symptoms associated with trauma
- Cope with experiences such as hallucinations, paranoia
- Are looking for strategies to address substance use disorders
Cost: FREE (covered by OHIP)
Limited to 12 participants
To register: Please call 647-349-4394 and leave your name and telephone number.